Wednesday 20 May 2015

Day 1 - 500 words a day.

Day 1 – 500 words a day writing experiment
Thanks to inspiration from a blog by Kirk Henlser I have decided to take the 500 words per day for 30 days challenge.
The rules for the challenge are as follows (as written on the blog) –
“1) Write 500 words per day on any subject for any reason at any time for 30 CONSECUTIVE days.

(Failure to write 500 words per day for 30 straight days won’t cause you any bodily harm in the way of our bodyguards coming to your house and going after you with the belt strap but it will emotionally confirm your own fears of your inability to follow through on the simplest of tasks so my suggestion is to suck it up and even if you have to hit the “f” key 500 times and post that and call it a poem on the foundation for the word fuck then do that before you no-show).
2) Post your 500 words on Facebook and tag @kaleandcigarettes and #500wordsaday.
(This is the scary part, sharing your writing, because a lot of us, if not all, think that we actually quite suck at writing and that people will hate our guts for our thoughts but the reality here, and the whole value of this experiment, is working through that fear and realizing the only time we’re ever happy with our work is when we write from the heart). ((Pss – this takes practice. No shortcuts. Just the work)). -End scene-
Numero Tres) Maybe we’ll have a “group” on FB. I’m not sure yet the consequences of this action. Standby.
Long story short – this is really easy. And what will happen is the development of your writing craft and your ability to decipher the difference between bullshit writing and writing from the heart.” Kirk Hensler.

(So this whole sharing on Facebook idea would be the most challenging thing for me as I’m one of those “in the closet” bloggers, not one for sharing this little space I have yet.) Maybe sharing on Google+ will be a start for me!!
I like the end, writing from the heart. This reflects on my previous post, this is a challenge to follow through on Just Write….

I think it is important to challenge yourself and this is something that will be good for me, to empty my monkey mind on a daily basis. They do say a habit is created in 21 days so here goes.

I will be kind to myself too and on the days it is too hard to write I will share some of my photography or creativity, bravely and wholeheartedly.

Rachel Rose.x

#500wordsaday

2 comments: