Monday 25 May 2015

Day 6 - Festival Fun



This weekend I was invited to Volksfling Festival to face paint. Volksfling is a car show for Volkswagen and let me tell you, I have never seen so many VW Campervans in one place before. (and of course all the other VW'S you can get!!) This is held at Biggar, near Edinburgh!

It was so busy with families and fun. I was there for two days and think I painted over 200 faces.

When I go to events like this I truly enjoy it, it was amazing to be there and be a small part of it all. I love seeing people happy and having fun, by the time I closed up my stall on the Saturday night all the campers were cooking dinner on barbecues and chilling in the early evening sun. By the Sunday my inner hippy emerged and I had bought flowers for my hair and got myself a beautiful henna tattoo!

One of my dreams is to buy a Campervan and go round all the festivals face painting. A pipe dream maybe but when I talk to traders that is what they do and they all seem to love it.

I love meeting new people and over the years face painting I have built up more confidence and always make sure to go and talk to people and they always open my mind more, to ways of living and about life and making the most of it. They embrace the uncertainty of whether their trade will go well that weekend or not and if it doesn't they feel grateful and happy to be able to be part of these events. They travel the whole country and must meet some great people along the way as well as making a living. It truly is like living like a nomad!

Mmmmm....Maybe I should consider it, bite the bullet and make a big change in my life. Love what you do and you will never work a day in your life!

Now to figure out how to incorporate face painting and yoga into a career?!?!?!

Here are some photos!











(Squeezed in some Yoga)





Rachel Rose.x

No comments:

Post a Comment